After a long gap of Monsoon, AstroSoc Astronomy Outreach Department brings you “Winter skies” with new constellations, Moon, Meteors and planets showing throughout the night along with activities to cherish for lifetime. If you want to wish upon a shooting star or gaze Moon and planets Venus & Mars like never before. Then this is the perfect opportunity for you to grasp.
When & Where..?
Event Date: 11th November 2017, Saturday.
Event Venue: Pocharam Dam, Medak
Meet Point: Suchitra X-roads ( Exact map location will be shared upon registration)
Meet Time: 19:00 Hrs (07:00PM), complete all the formalities and start off in half an hour.
Distance: Single Side: 115kms
Registration Fee :
Adults:- INR 1500/head (Inclusive of Transport, Tent & event charges)
Children (Below 12yrs) :- INR 1100/head (Inclusive of Transport, Tent & event charges)
Registration will be complete only after filling the form below and paying the fee in full:
Make payment using either of the below mode of payment and enter the Wallet Order Id/Transaction Id in the field provided above:
Note: If you are bringing others along with you. Mention their names in the respective field above and make the payment for all in a single transaction.
(OR) Online transfer(NEFT/IMPS) to below account:
What to expect from us?
- Transportation from meet point to the venue and back to the meet point.
- Camping Tents(2-Sharing) for sleeping and keeping your belongings.
- Night full of sessions and observations to fulfil the purpose you came for!
What is expected from you:
- Passion to learn, explore the night sky
- Carry dinner/snacks to keep you energetic throughout the night (Smoking & Alcohol is strictly prohibited)
- Patience to wait for decent sky conditions, if visibility is hindered by the local weather.
- Shoes and Warm Clothes are recommended
- Enough Rest prior to the field trip
- Personal medications if any.
- Last but not the least; cooperation with the organizers for seamless experience of the entire trip.
- No washroom facilities at the venue.
- Carry dinner/snacks & water/beverages to keep yourself energetic throughout the event (Smoking & Alcohol is strictly prohibited)
Tentative schedule for the event:
- Start from the Meet point by 7:30 PM
- Reach the venue by 9:30 PM
- 09:30 – 10:00 PM – Pitching tents and Setting Up Camp.
- 10:00 – 10:30 PM
- Self introduction
- Introduction of AstroSoc and team members
- 10:30 – 11:30 PM
- Introduction to basic working principles of telescopes and guidelines for telescope handling during observation.
- Stargazing Basics : Learn how get oriented in the night sky for stargazing
- Identifying the prominent constellations.
- 12:00 AM – 01:00 AM
- Telescopic Observation of Orion Nebula and Prominent Open clusters
- Andromeda & M1(Crab) and other binary stars if possible
- 01:00 – 02:00 AM
- Moon formation-Evolution and explanation of Moon phases
- Moon Observation
- 02:00 – 02:30 AM
- 02:30 – 3:00 AM
- QnA session(Optional)/Break
- 3:00 – 04:00 AM
- Second sky session- With new constellations
- Star charts & Interactive presentations (Backup plan)
- 04:00 AM – 05:00 AM
- Understanding meteors
- Lying on the ground for a 360 degree view of the night sky to help spot Meteors.
- Geometry of Inner & Outer Planets(Backup plan)
- 5:30 AM – 6:00 AM
- Venus observation
- Group pic & pack up
In case you have any queries or concerns regarding the event you can reach out to,
PR & Event Management:- Pavan : 8143418532
Astronomy Sessions:- Praveen : 7702350484
>Snaps from our past events: